By Elijah Odhiambo
Education Cabinet Secretary Ezekiel Machogu on Wednesday 17th May launched the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) portal for 2022 KCSE candidates.
The launch took place at the University of Nairobi’s Taifa Hall.
The education CS said, 173,137 learners who scored a mean grade of C+ and above in the 2022 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) have qualified for admission to public universities and are free to apply for courses.
“In line with the Presidential directive, I have today asked KUCCPS to open its portal today to allow all KCSE candidates to start applying for courses they wish to study in universities and TVET institutions,” said Machogu.
He added “I have made this directive after getting satisfied that the Placement Service has met the conditions of the new model, having verified and published all the fee details of all programs on their website.”
Machogu, while launching the KUCCPS portal said those who scored a C plain and below will be placed in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions.
At the same time, Machogu said KUCCPS would partner with the Huduma Kenya Secretariat to ensure students can apply for their courses from all the 52 Huduma Centres across the country.
KUCCPS officers will also be sent out to select universities and colleges in every county where they will be available to students, parents, and members of the public for personalized support and assistance.
How to Apply for /Revise Courses
- The KCSE candidates are required to log in at kuccps.net
- Upon visiting the placement portal, candidates will register by inserting their KCSE index numbers, KCSE year, and a password of their choice.
- Applicants are advised to use their KCSE index numbers or birth certificate numbers as their initial passwords.
- Once logged in, click on the menu link “institutions” to display the programs they have on offer.
- All programs are grouped into wide fields of interest without limiting choices for applicants.
- For degree applicants, the cluster points are displayed per program on the right-most column.
- Only the code is needed for the application.
- Once done click “Application/Revision.”
- You will be directed to a form that shows the level of programs.
- One can review the choice selected or opt to review them.
- Once done, click Apply Now.
After the conclusion of the placement process, the students will be expected to contact their respective institutions for joining instructions and guidance on how to apply for Government scholarships and loans.
Students who select any of the thirty-nine (39) public universities will be eligible for government scholarships and loans, while those who select private universities will only be eligible for government loans.
881,416 candidates sat the 2022 KCSE.