Former Coaches the new headache for FKF

Former Harambee Stars Coaches are the new headache for the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) even as they waddle through their controversial decision to end the Kenya Premier League (KPL) and subsequently all leagues in the country.

The latest coach to threaten to sue FKF to FIFA is the immediate former Harambee Stars Head Coach Sebastian Migne.

The Frenchman led Kenya to the 2019 African Nations Cup finals after a 15-year gap but was relieved of his duties in August last year after the national team (local-based) lost to Tanzania in the preliminary round of the African Nations Championship (Chan).

When appearing on Switch TV on Sunday 17th May, he did not mince his words that he is considering taking the Kenyan FA to Fifa over non-payment of undisclosed amount.

“No, it is a process, they told me. So, I think maybe soon I will go to Fifa because I have no choice. I left FKF sometime for them to regularize everything and if it is not the case after this summer I will go to Fifa,” said Migne.

The 47 year old tactician who was later appointed as Equatorial Guinea boss in November.
In an earlier interview with Standard Sports, then FKF president Nick Mwendwa admitted they had agreed on a payment plan to settle the Frenchman’s dues amounting to sh6 million. This was just after Migne landed his current job with the West African nation in November.

As per the agreement between FKF and Migne, the federation was supposed to continue paying the coach his dues until he gets a new job.

“As opposed before, we will not have a huge bill to pay Migne as we had an exit clause in our agreed payment scheme with him. We had agreed that once he gets a new job we will stop paying him. With that, we are required to pay him sh6 million shillings for August, September and October,” Mwendwa said then.

Last year, the FIFA’s Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) directed FKF to pay Adel Amrouche sh109 million for wrongful sacking in 2014.

The decision came a few weeks before the Employment and Labour Relations Court awarded his successor Bobby Williamson sh55 million for the same reason.

Adel Amrouche, Sebastian Migne and Bobby Williamson are now owed a combined compensation fees of sh170 million for wrongful dismissals.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.