The removal of Senator Kipchumba Murkomen as the Leader of Majority in the Senate has brought to the fore the perks that the office invites to the holder.
- The gross salary for Senators is normally sh710, 000. But being Majority Leader, one earns sh1, 056,000.
- There is a car fuel allowance of sh100,000. This will seize since only senators in leadership positions get this fuel card.
- There is also a sh300,000 monthly for hospitality.
- They have mandatory police escort.
- The holder also had eight bodyguards, who are all trained police officers.
- The Majority Leader has a researcher, a legal counsel, a fiscal analyst and a media officer.
- They also have a personal assistant of his choice, paid by the government, two secretaries, two office assistants, all paid by the government.
- The Majority Leader is leader of government business in the house and gets 30 minutes of uninterrupted time to move the government agenda.
The original article is here.