Bizna Kenya has unveiled thirty two shortlisted nominees for the inaugural Young Entrepreneurs Awards (YEA Awards) 2018, setting the stage to fete some of the young Kenyans taking a leap of faith in entrepreneurship.
YEA Awards are designed to recognize, celebrate and encourage upcoming and industrious young entrepreneurs aged 18 – 35 years to improve how they operate and manage business for increased profitability.
Speaking on the awards, Bizna Kenya Founder and CEO Tonnie Mello said, the online platform saw it fit to celebrate young entrepreneurs who are doing tremendous work to meet needs in the society. “Young people lead the way in many endevours in life, especially in entrepreneurship and we are happy to cheer them on. With this initiative, things can only get better in Kenyan businesses,” he noted.
In its first edition, the YEA Awards has attracted entries from different business sectors. Thirty-two nominees have been nominated in various categories including the Young Entrepreneur of the Year-Male and Young Entrepreneur of the Year-Female.
The nominations phase which closed on 20th September 2018 saw some young entrepreneurs nominating themselves while others were nominated by colleagues, partners and customers who enjoy their products and services.
The proposed names were analyzed, verified by a panel of Judges. The shortlisting phase lasted until 26th October, where the judges settled for three nominees per category and four for the overall male and female Young Entrepreneurs of the Year.
Shortlisted Nominees are now presented to the public for voting. The voting process is set to run three weeks from today until mid-night 25th November, to determine the Kenya’s top 12 Young Entrepreneurs who become the winners. The YEA Awards will see the winners, getting marketing, business support services worth over sh1 million.
Click on https://yea.co.ke/vote to vote for your favorite Young Entrepreneurs Awards nominee.
The 32 shortlisted Nominees per category are;
- Ian Mati, Vintara Collection KE
- Valentine Nekesa, Nekesa Queens Ltd
- Debbie Oyugi, Debbie Oyugi Kids
Real Estate Award
- Moses Muriithi, Fanaka Real Estate Ltd
- Tim Kipchumba, Questworks Ltd
- Lucas Mwangi, Appropriate Design Ltd
- John Kiruthi, Farmers Trend
- Rodgers Kirwa, iAgribiz Africa
- Peter Ngigi, Remington Africa
Service Industry Award
- Anyiko Awoko, Anyiko Public Relations
- Mumbi Ndung’u, Ibua Africa
- Mary Njoki, Glass House PR
- Abel Mutua, Phil-It Production
- Kevin Bahati, EMB Records
- Anthony Mwangi, Anto Neo Soul
- Muthuri Kinyamu, Turn Up Travel Global
- Stephen Maithya, Stevenchy Photography
- Martin Ruga, Desserts Anyone
- Collins K, Rutto, Supride Garments Ltd
- Ruth Mwanzia, Kooler Waters
- Mercy Kyallo, Yallo Limited
- Samuel Majani, Ghafla
- Magunga Williams, www.themagunga.com
- Mark Kaigwa, Nendo
Young Entrepreneur of The Year-Male
- Brian Gacara, Property Reality Company
- Eugene Mbugua, Young Rich Television Limited
- Pancras Karema, Expeditions Maasai Safaris
- Meshack Alloys, Sendy
Young Entrepreneur of The Year-Female
- Anerlisa Muigai, Nero Company Ltd
- Nancy Amunga, Dana Communications
- Lucia Musau, Africa Elite Group,
- Michelle Ntalami, Marini Naturals